If you’re like most college students, a lot of your day is spent surfing the unyielding wake of the Internet. And if you’re like most Internet-surfers, little of this time is productive. But don’t worry, I won’t tell you to compare the amount of social media sites in your browser history to the amount of educational sites. However, what I will tell you is that the two can go hand in hand.
Educational resources are just the latest newcomers to the social networking bandwagon, and more students are taking advantage every day. Educationally oriented Twitter accounts, in particular, are the perfect match for young learners – with information-age students already knowing how to navigate them, and all-day, instant accessibility aligning with student schedules that rarely resemble “normal business hours”. Here is our list of the top ten Twitter accounts for students to follow.
- @edutopia – A wide range of educational tips and motivation for all levels
- @arneduncan – The official Twitter page of the US Secretary of Education
- @usedgov – Educational news and information from the U.S Department of Education.
- @nytedlife – Everything education from the New York Times
- 6.@FAFSA – The official educational and financial information from the Federal Student Aid program
- @gatesed – Twitter account of Bill Gates’ educational foundation
- @educationweek – The official Twitter account of the Education Week periodical
- @m_rhee – inspiration from StudentsFirst founder Michelle Rhee
- @topedutweets – Centralized account of everything educational on Twitter
- @ACISpecBenefits – Interactive school and life assistance for students and their families
For more college blogs and student assistance resources, follow us @ACISpecBenefits on Twitter.